Web Critical River
Is a trusted technology consulting company.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The company has been helping clients implement great innovations, increase ROI and reduce time to market for over 40 years. We have an excellent opportunity for an Embedded Software / Safety Certification Engineer who will focus on Aerospace & Defense RTCA/DO-178C safety-critical projects. This safety-critical project is all some of the highest quality software in the world – stuff that goes into airplanes (DAL level A guidance and objectives). These are actual customer projects. The candidate will work on cutting-edge development projects using the safety-critical version of our VxWorks real-time operating system (RTOS) and/or Helix Virtualization Platform product (a hypervisor that supports virtual machine guest operating systems).
The ideal candidate will have skills and interest in development of software for embedded hardware systems. The ideal candidate will be self-driven with embedded software development and past DO-178C safety certification experience.
· Implement a DO-178C certified and documented Boot Loader for an embedded hardware system using VxWorks RTOS and/or Helix Virtualization Platform software
· Support the development of Board Support Packages (BSP), Device Drivers and Network Stacks for an embedded hardware system using VxWorks RTOS and/or Helix Virtualization Platform software.
· Research and assist with embedded software debug to resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent in a related subject area. In lieu of degree, appropriate work experience can suffice.
· Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience working on DO-178C safety certification projects.
· Experience with all phases of the DO-178C cycle including SOI 1-4 and run-for-score testing.
· Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle including planning, requirements, design, code, test, integration, debug/problem solving and peer reviews.
· Expertise developing secure bootloaders (u-boot preferred).
· Ability to develop low-level software components including board support packages (BSPs), device drivers, network stacks, and other low-level software components using C/C++.
· Experience in embedded software development such as device driver or board support package development for systems using an RTOS or Linux is a large asset.
· Ability to capture well understood requirements and decomposing requirements into high-level and low-level design documents and implementation of well-formed application programming interfaces.
· Test strategy, procedure and automated test case creation.
· Experience working in a DevOps (CI/CD) environment is a plus.
· Perform technical reviews of others work, and willing to accept feedback on yours.
· Excellent written and verbal English communications.
· Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn.
· Strong team player.
· Solid decision-making skills and judgment and can be depended upon to meet goals, foresee and avert problems while following through on commitments.
· Should be a hands-on type of person with the initiative to dive in and do whatever is necessary to get the task completed.
BENEFITS & PERKS
· Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
· The ability to work on really cool, next generation technologies and projects with real hardware or extensive virtual lab support.
Para solicitar este trabajo envía un correo electrónico con tus detalles a email@example.com