Data Engineer en nuevo Tech Hub de EXPRESS en Costa Rica
Grounded in versatility and powered by a styling community, Express is a modern, multichannel apparel and accessories brand whose purpose is to Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has been a part of some of the most important and culture-defining fashion trends. The Express Edit design philosophy ensures that the brand is always ‘of the now’ so people can get dressed for every day and any occasion knowing that Express can help them look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel.
The Company operates over 550 retail and outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the express.com online store and the Express mobile app. Express, Inc. is comprised of the brands Express and UpWest, and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR.
What is Data Engineer at EXPRESS?
Express has an exciting opportunity for a curious, motivated, forward thinking, analytical data engineer to join and shape the future of the Enterprise Data team for the Enterprise Data department.
The Data Engineer will work on developing exciting solutions on a day-to-day basis. Through developing these solutions, you will help drive foundational transformation in the Enterprise Data organization.
What you will do:
- Develops, tests, debugs and implements new/existing data solutions, which includes technologies such as Python, Scala, Spark and other technologies
- Immediate response to critical batch interruptions and production incidents to quickly identify and mitigate issues, with follow up to automate with self-healing code
- Participation in an on-call rotation to deliver 24/7 system uptime and immediate issue mitigation as the first line of defense against system interruptions, including escalation to second line support as appropriate
- Passionate about problem solving – relentless, enthusiastic pursuit of solutions to challenges ranging from basic day to day incidents to complex, multi-system, integrated puzzles involving code and data components
- Spreading a culture of collaboration, modern automation thinking, and a solution-oriented mindset
- Partnering with data and application development teams to identify opportunities for process refinement and standards improvement
- Monitors, analyzes, reports and troubleshoots the existing big data platform
- Work with your supervisor and business partners on identifying priority, dependencies, and conflict resolution
- Triage of production issues including mitigation of incidents, data collisions, and job failures
Championing Data Integrity as a culture and educating developers on processes to build support within the department
- Document ETL processes and flows.
- Participation in agile ceremonies including backlog prioritization, sprint planning, and retros to drive continuous improvement
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or an equivalent combination of course work and experience
- 2-4 years of experience working in/with software development
- 1-3 years of experience with Hive, BigQuery, Scala, Spark, Python, Java, Enterprise Scheduling tools
- 1-3 years of experience with *nix environments (Linux/RedHat)including scripting and system administration
- 1-3 years of experience working SQL or NoSQL databases including writing and debugging complex queries
- Dependable and reliable for production support rotations including on-call duties and 24-7 support of critical enterprise jobs and data flows
- Familiarity with data needs, integration and governance across a global organization at a meta-data level
- Familiarity with repository/build/deployment tools
- Fluent in English and Spanish (verbal and written)
Nice to haves:
Excels in a fast-paced environment, comfortable navigating through ambiguity, thrives under pressure
Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities effectively
Outstanding analytical skills and passionate about problem solving with a positive attitude
Embraces both change and challenge as opportunity – views complexity as puzzle games and enjoys troubleshooting multi-variate problems
Retail industry experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work remotely
- Salary paid in US Dollars
- Private Life and Medical Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
- And others
As an equal opportunity employer, Express, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in Costa Rica. Express is working with Deloitte Consulting CR S.A. on talent recruitment and hiring for its Costa Rica Site Technology team so candidate information compiled by Deloitte Consulting CR S.A. will be shared with Express.
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita www2.pcrecruiter.net.