ABOUT HCL TECHNOLOGIES
HCL Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services, and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships.
HCL also takes pride in its many diversities, social responsibility, sustainability, and education initiatives. Through its worldwide network of R&D facilities, co-innovation labs and global delivery centers, and over 209,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ across 52+ countries, HCL delivers holistic services across industry verticals to leading enterprises, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
We offer an integrated portfolio of products, solutions, services, and IP through our Mode 1-2-3 strategy, built around Digital, IoT, Cloud, Automation, Cybersecurity, Analytics, Infrastructure Management, and Engineering Services, amongst others.
ABOUT THE JOB
The position of Test Automation Engineer is at America Free Zone, Heredia, Costa Rica supporting to top leading industry customers around the world, but can work from home as long as support during EST time zone. This role will participate in feature definition, requirement verification, and testing methodologies as part of a dynamic Agile team. This individual will contribute as part of team to promote a culture of quality to resolve product issues before field release. The ideal candidate will value culture as much as technical skill.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
RESPONSIBILITIES / A DAY AS A TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER:
· Proactively gain proficiency as an expert user of team’s software products to understand users’ experience and quality expectations.
· Interact with medical devices in the execution of manual tests.
· Translate feature requirements into testable user stories.
· Adhere to regulatory standards associated with verification of medical systems.
· Support investigation of reported field issues to identify root cause.
· Provide test review feedback to foster testing best practices within the team.
· Contribute to both manual and automated testing effort (typical 50% split).
· Create automated testware and refactor existing testware to exercise product behaviors while managing test code maintainability and execution efficiency.
· Maintain source code for internally developed tools utilized within the testing process.
· Develop new strategies for manual and automated testing to optimize test coverage.
· Promote new technologies and testing practices within the team.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS / QUALITIES WE LOOK FOR:
· Demonstrated ability as a self-learner.
· Proficient with object-oriented programming in any programming language.
· BS degree in technical discipline such as (but not limited to): Software Engineering, Computer Science & Information Systems, Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering; and 4 years of relevant technical experience in programming and testing.
· At least 3 years of software test automation experience.
· At least an English Level B2 (70%-79%).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / BONUS POINT IF YOU HAVE:
· Any ASTQB (American Software Testing Qualifications Board) certification.
· Experience with Agile software development lifecycle.
· Capable crafting relational database scripts (SQL or equivalent).
· Familiarity with software version control (Git or equivalent).
· Experience with platform virtualization environments (ex. Azure or VMware).
· Capable with XML, JSON, HTML, and CSS.
· Experience utilizing Agile development tools for project management and bug tracking (ex. TFS, Jira, or Rally).
· Experience testing RESTful API and competent with API testing tools (ex. Postman and Swagger).
· Medical Devices Design and/or Medical Devices Quality Management Systems.
· Background with healthcare industry and associated technologies (ex. HL7 communication).
· Familiarity with industry standard processes for test design and test management.
· Capable with object-oriented programming language (C# preferred).
· Familiar with test automation frameworks (xunit preferred).
· Experience with automated UI testing technologies (Selenium, Appium).
· Critical thinking / Problem-solving
· Communication, written and verbal
· Continuous learning
· Teamwork / Collaboration
SPECIAL POINT OF INTEREST:
· Competitive salary according to experience and knowledge
· Life and medical insurance
· Tuition reimbursement
· Opportunity to belong to a multinational with more than 187 thousand employees around the world
· Remote work / work from home (but must support during EST time zone)
· And many more benefits…
READY TO APPLY?
· If this job sounds like a fit for you, then send your resume in English format to ALL of the following mails below. Good luck!
Para solicitar este trabajo envía un correo electrónico con tus detalles a email@example.com