Web Western Union
Western Union is here for what's next.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer – Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Are you ready to join a team in a global company where you will be responsible for plan and build pre-production and production technology systems in a hybrid cloud/data center environment? Join Western Union as a Machine Learning Engineer.
Motivated by our values: purpose driven, globally minded, and trustworthy & respectful
We’re a FinTech that’s using insight from customers and colleagues worldwide to improve financial services for families, small businesses, multinational corporations, and non-profit organizations. We’re a team of over 8,000 people spanning 200 countries and territories. We believe when money moves, better things happen.
Better requires process discipline and simplification
We’ll be looking for you to Operate within an Agile team and participates in all aspects of that team’s work providing support for model implementation, performance monitoring, calibration, documenting
and communicating modeling processes and model results to users and platform leads, working within established guidelines such as coding standards, workflow, or tool standards.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will join to support a team of passionate Artificial Intelligence developers who design, develop, test, and integrate models with applications of high complexity. We operate in a collaborative, open environment focused on using Agile development techniques to autonomously deliver solutions quickly and effectively.
For such a detail-driven role, you will have 4+ years of experience in system design, software development, API (programming language) using Java /Python, database, and data management. At least 2+ years of Working knowledge about containers (Docker) and container orchestration preferably Fargate (OpenShift or Kubernetes), hands-on experience with any streaming frameworks (Spark / Kafka Streams), and experience with a batch processing system preferably Spark.
You will need at least 3+ years of experience with Agile development processes including Test Driven Development and/or Test Automation, 3+ years of experience with infrastructure as code, automation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis, 2+ years of experience leveraging DevOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration, delivery and Monitoring tools like Splunk, Prometheus. Also 2+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Sagemaker or Artificial intelligence technologies and frameworks.
Ideally, you will have a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent discipline, also 5-8 years’ experience in Executing and Delivering technology-focused projects, Advanced knowledge of software development life cycles (waterfall, agile, etc.) and must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving difficult technology challenges, with a can-do attitude; possess strong leadership skills in guiding and directing teams through the software development life cycle process.
Join us, and let’s connect the world
Western Union is transforming its business and shaping the financial services sector by driving quality, convenience, and customer service to new levels of excellence. It’s an exciting time for our organization, as the largest cross-border money transfer operator, trusted by millions of consumers around the world. If you’re ready to unleash your potential to help drive change through bottom-up innovation, apply now.
We’re a company on the move, and we want our people to grow and develop. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as a great salary and benefits package.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected category.
* Demonstrate strong capabilities in assessing business needs while providing creative and effective solutions in conformance to emerging technology standards
* Interface and collaborate with other engineers in geographically distributed development centers
* Strong emphasis on customer journey, product quality, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and continuous development
* Design layered application, including user interface, business functionality, and database access.
* Apply Agile methodology daily and follow Definition of Done (DoD) process for better quality by maintaining 80% and unit test coverage and 70% integration test coverage
* Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems throughout all phases of the software development process
* Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges
* Thorough code reviews
* Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impacts
* Share engineering support and release
* BS in Computer Science or related fields with 8+ years of professional experience or MS with 6+ years of experience
* Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and OOA/D
* Demonstrated experience in modern programming languages (for example, Java/C++) and design patterns
* Demonstrated capabilities in assessing business needs while providing creative and effective solutions in conformance to emerging technology standards
* Team player with strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment and adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
* Experience with unit testing and mocking frameworks
Nice to have:
* Experience in creating and consuming RESTful and SOAP based web services
* Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, XML, Web technologies, Web Services
* Experience developing data-ingesting applications using an industry standard RDBMS. NoSQL experience
* Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Delivery)
* Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
* Proven ability to understand the business and ability to contribute to technology direction that drives measurable business improvements
* Hands-on experience in building high performance and large-scale real-time systems that scale to billions of transactions per day
Para solicitar este trabajo envía un correo electrónico con tus detalles a firstname.lastname@example.org